#RealTalk with Shevonne
Meet our sales associate, Shevonne! She's as sweet as her baking, and as artsy as Walt Disney. Ask to see her drawings next time you see her at our store at The Forks — she's super talented and we're putting in a formal request for portraits of the team, just get our good side.
1. What’s the most unusual thing you have done at Coal and Canary?
Naomi and I had a pun fight on the white board. Does that count as unusual?
2. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the title be?
The beginners guide to removing wine stains and tears from your overpriced textbooks.
3. What was your favourite rejected candle name?
Smooth Jazz and Aged Shiraz
4. If you could make one food have no calories for the rest of time, what would it be?
Definitely Cheesecake! Wait...wine maybe? Ugg this is so difficult!
5. What smell do you love?
Fresh buttercream icing
6. What smell do you hate?
Flowery laundry soap
7. Tell us something that would surprise us about you?
I’m surprisingly handy with power tools and duct tape
8. What is your most basic guilty pleasure?
“Accidentally” eating all the cookie dough
9. What is your personal motto?
Procrastinate now, panic later (Although I think I need a new one)
10.What job would you want if you didn’t work at Coal and Canary?
If I could have any job, I would want to be a professional organizer. I’m passionate about alphabetizing and fitting as much stuff into as small a space as possible.
11. Who would you like to play you in a Hollywood film?
12. What is your go-to studio sing-along?
I love singing along to the songs from The Greatest Showman.
13. What is your favourite cocktail?
Always a Mojito
14. Do you usually go with your head or your heart?
I always go with my head.
15. What makes you smile?
Those cat videos with the cucumbers always seem to do it.
16. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
Honestly, I would go back and change my mindset in grade school to follow my passions and not let people tell what they think my future should be. Life is too short to live it for someone else.
17. If you spent a day watching movies when you should have been at work, is it time wasted or well spent?
Is this a trick question? It mostly depends on the movies!