#RealTalk with Oliver Gajes
Oliver works at Coal and Canary on a casual basis. Most of the time he works here we call him in a panic because we need the work of ten people done and we only have four and it needs to be done in the next twenty minutes. Not really, but almost. He always makes us laugh and we love him so much. Meet Oliver!
1. What’s the most unusual thing you have done at Coal and Canary?
Putting on a 3 sizes too small Mrs. Claus costume and spinning on a rack while lipsyncing to Mariah Carey.
2. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the title be?
How to be short and stout without being a little teapot.
3. What was your favourite rejected candle name?
Pizza, beers & diet tears
4. If you could make one food have no calories for the rest of time, what would it be?
5. What smell do you love?
Bergamot or anything else citrus
6. What smell do you hate?
People who have clearly not showered since they were born and choose to sit next you on the bus.
7. Tell us something that would surprise us about you?
I’m obsessed with watching curling. Team Jennifer Jones all the way!!
8. What is your most basic guilty pleasure?
A can of coke.
9. What is your personal motto?
Treat others the way they want to be treated. Not everyone wants to be treated the way you want to be treated.
10.What job would you want if you didn’t work at Coal and Canary?
Crab diver, so yummy.
11. Who would you like to play you in a Hollywood film?
12. What is your go-to studio sing-along?
The Cure, Lady Gaga
13. What is your favourite cocktail?
Gin and Tonic, extra dirty, lots of olives.
14. Do you usually go with your head or your heart?
15. What makes you smile?
That guy named Ryan, he works here too. Can I get is number?
16. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
I would go back to live in the moment more.
17. If you spent a day watching movies when you should have been at work, is it time wasted or well spent?
Well spent, as long as I was getting paid too!