Masimo is our newest employee — for three months that is! He is a Business and Administration student from CMU here for his student practicum. We think it's pretty cool that he chose to come work with us, and TBH we love having more people around. Some of his hobbies are snacking on sweets and watching Netflix. Haaii, boy haaii, you'll fit right in!
1. What Spice Girl would you be?
Scary Spice (I’m not that cultured, I had to look up her Spice Girls nickname), mainly because of her job as a judge on America’s Got Talent.
2. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the title be?
Stop Overthinking and Start Snacking
4. If you could make one food have no calories for the rest of time, what would it be?
This is a tough one. I love all deserts, so I don’t want to discriminate. Everything, from doughnuts, to cheesecakes, to cinnamon buns, to ice-cream. Essentially, everything with sugar in it.
5. What smell do you love?
6. What smell do you hate?
The smell of a transit bus at noon during summer when everyone is sweating.
7. Tell us something that would surprise us about you?
I am not sure if this is surprising, but I am from a small, beautiful country in Southeastern Europe called Albania.
8. What is your most basic guilty pleasure?
I am obsessed with Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you need to check it out on Netflix.
9. What is your personal motto?
If you believe, you can achieve!
10.What job would you want if you didn’t work at Coal and Canary?
Back to question 1, I would love to be a judge on a talent show. Seating on one of those turning chairs on The Voice would be such a dream.
11. Who would you like to play you in a Hollywood film?
Leo Dicaprio, now that he’s finally an academy award winner.
12. What is your go-to studio sing-along?
Right now, I like Itby Cardi B. Okurrr!
13. What is your favourite cocktail?
I am boring when it comes to cocktails. I like dirty martinis and gin and tonics.
14. Do you usually go with your head or your heart?
Head, all the time. I wish I could go with my heart more.
15. What makes you smile?
Food! Need I say more?!
16. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
I’m a no regret kinda guy, so wouldn’t really change anything.
17. If you spent a day watching movies when you should have been at work, is it time wasted or well spent?
Depends if there’s ice-cream in my freezer or not.