He's not exactly the "Coal and Canary girl," but we need a token lumberjack around the office to have well-rounded conversations about Drag Race and educate us about the music from the 80s. Meet our Operations Manager, Jeff!
1. What’s the most unusual thing you have done at Coal and Canary?
Honestly, the list is quite long… as the husband of Amanda I’ve been around since the beginning doing all the strange things that they felt bad asking paid staff to do. From changing toilets, to cleaning wax out of pipes and off of floors, to pouring candles in the middle of the night with Tom and Amanda… I’ve done it all! I used to work a job that included “dead animal disposal” in the job description, so I’m pretty sure anything Coal and Canary has for me won’t be THAT weird.
2. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the title be?
LumberJeff: Learning Ultimate Manly Beard Etiquette and Rules for Just Effortlessly Fixing Fires.
3. What was your favourite rejected candle name?
Sarah Michelle Gellar getting Wine from the Cellar (I loved her Buffy and she would totally be troll goal for me… it would smell like fancy red wine cheese and crackers)
4. If you could make one food have no calories for the rest of time, what would it be?
Pizza! I could legit eat pizza every day of the week.
5. What smell do you love?
6. What smell do you hate?
Kitty litter boxes… so dusty and poopy and gross.
7. Tell us something that would surprise us about you?
I cry at everything on tv, especially commercials around the holidays. Like that stupid Canadian Tire commercial, where the family has just moved into a new house and the boy is looking longingly out the window, hoping Santa will find him, then the dad takes him for a drive and they stop on top of a hill and the mom turns a switch and the whole driveway has been lit-up to look like a runway and “Billy’s house” is written in lights… oh man. Every. Damn. Time.
8. What is your most basic guilty pleasure?
Vanderpump Rules and Summer House. I love Slice.
9. What is your personal motto?
If you don’t win a t-shirt for eating it, is it even worth it?
10. What job would you want if you didn’t work at Coal and Canary?
Something outside… like a nature-based tour guide. Or a cowboy.
11. Who would you like to play you in a Hollywood film?
I’d like to say Ryan Gosling, but let’s be honest, I don’t have the hairline to match with him. On the other side of the spectrum, I’d like to say Jack Black, but we know I’m not that funny. So realistically it would probably end up being Ben Afflack circa the Bennifer days.
12. What is your go-to studio sing-along?
Engelbert Humperdinck… I love my some Quando Quando Quando.
13. What is your favourite cocktail?
At the risk of sounding super pretentious, I’m more of a craft beer kinda guy…
14. Do you usually go with your head or your heart?
Definitely the head… I am way too pragmatic.
15. What makes you smile?
I’m usually a pretty happy dude, but animals dressed as people gets my goat every time.
16. If you spent a day watching movies when you should have been at work, is it time wasted or well spent?
I’m all about the Mental Health Days… so not a waste at all!