Tiana is a lover of all things musical theatre and can often be found belting a showtune in her car or creating new dance routines anywhere, and everywhere, in her house. She shares her time between Brandon, where she teaches musical theatre with Mecca Productions, and Winnipeg where she is thrilled to be a part-time sales associate at Coal & Canary and a full-time adventurer. Tiana loves impromptu dance parties, to smile, swap stories, and all things local — especially C+C. She sends a big thanks to her bestie for introducing her to the fabulous world of sass, glitter and quality candles which is Coal & Canary!
1. If you could be any Spice Girl, which one would you be?
If I were a Spice Girl I would for sure be Scary or Posh. They're the real MVP's. Also, is anyone else scarred for life from the scene where the old man comes out of the toilet? I haven't seen that movie in sooo many years, and I still leave the bathroom door open a crack, just in case.
2. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the title be?
What Would Mindy Do..
3. If you create a Coal and Canary candle, what would it be called and what would it smell like?
I would call my candle "Clean breaks and Tinder Dates." This would be a candle that you would light specifically post-break up and it would smell like adventure and regret with a hint of optimism.
4. If you could make one food have no calories for the rest of time, what would it be?
Does wine count? Liquid diet? Does wine even have calories?... I mean, food's great. Pizza, fries, five guys burgers... but what's better than a warm glass of liquid courage? 0 calories, yes please, wine not?
**This questionnaire brought to you by Curious Beasts, my all time favourite liquid friend.
5. What smell do you love?
Fresh cut grass and/or dirt. RAIN.
6. What smell do you hate?
Fresh cut grass and/or dirt. It's complicated.
7. Tell us something that would surprise us about you?
I have a self-diagnosed double jointed hip, and I love wine (see question #4.)
8. What is your most basic guilty pleasure?
I have a pair of sequinned Uggs that I have owned for way to many years and can't get rid of because I'm obsessed with them. I also love fall and a hot PSL.
9. What is your personal motto?
Life is short. Be Fierce. Be Genuine. Be kind. But above all; Be Happy.
10. What job would you want if you didn’t work at Coal and Canary?
Leonardo Dicaprio's masseuse *cue Penny Whistle solo from "My Heart Will Go On." Or if Beyoncé had someone who just read her quotes and said nice things to her all day I would for sure be 'that girl.'
11. Who would you like to play you in a Hollywood film?
Mindy Lahiri, 100%, yes.
12. What is your go-to studio sing-along?
Love On The Rocks - Sara Bareilles
13. What is your favourite cocktail?
Depends on the day... (I'm a huge cheerleader for Spicy Pickled Caesars, Gin and Tonics but above all a short) Gin & (Soda with a splash of grapefruit) juice, laid back.
14. Do you usually go with your head or your heart?
I mean, I've heard it said that those two vital organs are supposed to work together, but is that true for anybody? Not me. I'm a heart kind of gal, and I wear it on my sleeve #softfeels
15. What makes you smile?
Little, cute, round things, all bundled up in bright colours for the changing seasons. Mostly Donuts.
16. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
Honestly, I would go back to fourth grade, and slap my hairdresser on the wrist and tell her that blunt, cheek length bangs with a centre part on a round face is NOT cute. I would then refuse to wear a two piece burgundy, velvet, long sleeve shirt and skirt with pink ballet tights to picture day. Can you believe that that was the year I got my first boyfriend? BLESS HIM.
17. If you spent a day watching movies when you should have been at work, is it time wasted or well spent?
What movie and with who? 'Alien: Covenant' with my best friend's ex-boyfriends sister? Wasted. Step Brothers with Beyonce? Sign me up.