#RealTalk with Krysten Karwacki
Krysten is our newest employee! Temporarily, that is. She's a Creative Communications student from Red River College and she's with us for three weeks! Krysten has a passion for social media and Instagram in particular. A few of her favourite hobbies are photography and throwing rocks at houses. Um, what? We're not kidding. She's a competitive curler! She also loves to spend her Friday evenings drinking white wine and seeing local bands.
1. If you could be any Spice Girl, which one would you be?"
Definitely Posh Spice! When I was younger, I always pretended to be her and recite her lines from the Spice Girls movie in a British accent like “I can’t run in these heels!” Yup, that happened. I’m not ashamed.
2. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the title be? “Let's Learn to Adult Together.”
3. If you create a Coal and Canary candle, what would it be called and what would it smell like? Cupcakes & Candycanes. It would smell like peppermint icing!
4. If you could make one food have no calories for the rest of time, what would it be? Cake or pineapple feta pizza from Little Pizza Heaven
5. What smell do you love? Apple, cinnamon, or tree scents around Christmas time!
6. What smell do you hate? Sweat.
7. Tell us something that would surprise us about you? I can do a really good Woody Woodpecker impersonation, but most of the time I’m too shy to do it.
8. What is your most basic guilty pleasure? White wine or binge-watching Vanderpump Rules!
9. What is your personal motto? Don’t compare your life to anyone else’s and don’t worry, be happy
10. What job would you want if you didn’t work at Coal and Canary? Journalist for curling or a singer.
11. Who would you like to play you in a Hollywood film? Rachel McAdams. She’s beautiful and wholesome... but doesn’t look anything like me haha
12. What is your go-to studio sing-along? Anything by Lorde, she's so great!
13. What is your favourite cocktail? Mojito!
14. Do you usually go with your head or your heart?
A mix of both. I’m the most indecisive person ever though, so I take forever to decide on something. Especially when I’m in a drive thru and it’s my turn to order. Stressful times.
15. What makes you smile? Christmas, friends and family, and taking really great photos. And curling.
16. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be? That I drank more wine and ate more cupcakes.
17. If you spent a day watching movies when you should have been at work, is it time wasted or well spent? Well spent!