Real Talk with Tamara Bater
Tamara is the face behind our photos and the style behind our sass. Check out what our part-time photographer and full-time Coal and Canary girl has to say about life behind the wax.
1. What’s the most unusual thing you have done at Coal and Canary?
I once took instagram photos up in an old abandoned space in the exchange. Super creepy. Thought there was someone up there with me the whole time! #anythingforthephoto
2. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the title be?
“Don’t Worry, There’s Always Ice Cream: Life lesson from an Ice Cream Addict”
3. If you could make one food have no calories for the rest of time, what would it be?
ICE CREAM all the way!
4. What smell do you love?
Cinnamon and nutmeg
5. What smell do you hate?
The smell when you drive by the mushroom factory in WPG.
6. Tell us something that would surprise us about you?
Last year I traveled around Vietnam and basically lived in a sleeper bus for two weeks.
7. What is your most basic guilty pleasure?
Ice cream. In the summer I have it almost every day!
8. What is your personal motto?
Love everyone. It makes life a lot simpler.
9. What job would you want if you didn’t work at Coal and Canary?
Since I only work at Coal and Canary part time, my other job is being a teacher! It’s totally my dream job and I’m loving every moment of it!
10. Who would you like to play you in a Hollywood film?
Jennifer Lawrence! She’s so fierce!
11. What is your go-to studio sing-along?
I’m not often in the studio, but when I’m taking photos at home I love listening to Hilary Duff circa 2000.
12. What is your favourite cocktail?
I’m such a baby when it comes to drinking, I like a good strawberry daiquiri or peach bellini. Anything that doesn’t really taste like alcohol and I’m game!
13. Do you usually go with your head or your heart?
Head. I wish I could use my heart more often, but my head almost always gets in the way.
14. What makes you smile?
All the little things. Leaves falling off trees, sunny mornings, cozying up by a fire place, finishing a good book, or laughing with friends.
15. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
Nothing. I love my life and It wouldn’t be this way if I went back and changed something!
16. If you spent a day watching movies when you should have been at work, is it time wasted or well spent?
Multitasking exists for a reason, why not do both?!