Our co-owner and sass queen, Amanda Buhse, is the beauty, brains and face behind the visual elements of Coal and Canary — along with a little bit of everything else. Her spunk keeps us motivated and her professional background has us kinda sometimes working 9-5, but more like 9:05 to 4:30…. Or 4.
1. What’s the most unusual thing you have done at Coal and Canary?
Went bowling wearing a pair of tiny hands... yup.
2. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the title be?
"It's All an Illusion"; The art of faking it until you make it.
3. What was your favourite rejected candle name?
Thick Thighs & Pretty Eyes
4. If you could make one food have no calories for the rest of time, what would it be?
All the cheese! (and Miss Vickie's chips)
5. What smell do you love?
6. What smell do you hate?
7. Tell us something that would surprise us about you?
Singing is my passion and I used to be a dance teacher (WAAAAY back in the day!)
8. What is your most basic guilty pleasure?
Dance Mom's (one day I hope to be one...that's right)
9. What is your personal motto?
It's not your aptitude, but your attitude that will determine your altitude.
10. What job would you want if you didn’t work at Coal and Canary?
Backup singer to the stars or daytime talk show host.
11. Who would you like to play you in a Hollywood film?
Blake Lively please! We're pretty much identical twins in every way anyway, so it's a natural fit.
12. What is your go-to studio sing-along?
Anything off the Mariah Carey 1995 Daydream album (90's FTW!)
13. What is your favourite cocktail?
Dirty Gin Martini, extra dirty :)
14. Do you usually go with your head or your heart?
Both - equally.
15. What makes you smile?
When Tom sings Toni Braxton at the top of his lungs like no one is listening.
16. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
To have my own Youtube channel before it was the cool thing to do.
17. If you spent a day watching movies when you should have been at work, is it time wasted of well spent?
Well spent - FO SHO!