Real Talk with Allison Cavers
This bubbly brunette has been the Office Manager/mother goose at Coal and Canary for over a year now. She keeps us organized, on track, and tries to prevent us from getting carried away. If we've lost something, Allison will find it. Just don't leave peanut butter around her — it won't last long!
1. What’s the most unusual thing you have done at Coal and Canary?
I made a tent out of garbage bags to protect candles from flooding.
2. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the title be?
How could this go wrong? A Guide to Preparing for the Worst No Matter What.
3. What was your favourite rejected candle name?
Chardonnays and Fish Fillets
4. If you could make one food have no calories for the rest of time, what would it be?
Vodka. That's a food, right??
5. What smell do you love?
My mom's chocolate chip cookies baking
6. What smell do you hate?
7. Tell us something that would surprise us about you?
I'm actually really shy, I just talk my way out of it.
8. What is your most basic guilty pleasure?
The Wilfred Diderot Sweater. I think I might actually have it in every colour and I wear it pretty much every day. I'm wearing one right now...
9. What is your personal motto?
Treat people the way you would like to be treated. Worked in elementary school and still works today.
10. What job would you want if you didn’t work at Coal and Canary?
11. Who would you like to play you in a Hollywood film?
Ellie Kemper! People (aka Tom and Amanda) keep telling me I'm Kimmy Schmidt, so might as well roll with it plus she's adorable.
12. What is your go-to studio sing-along?
I always make Tom put on DWV's (Detox, Willam & Vicky Vox) parody song "Chow Down". Look it up now!!!! Just not with kids around....
13. What is your favourite cocktail?
Dirty Vodka Martini
14. Do you usually go with your head or your heart?
Head. Always head.
15. What makes you smile?
My step-daughter Paige running. She has the most adorable little wiggle when she runs and I can't even stand it.
16. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
Nothing. I wouldn't be who I am today without all the good and not so good things that have happened to me. That being said.. I wouldn't mind stopping the moment I spilt a bowl of soup on myself which resulted in a trip to the ER... oops.
17. If you spent a day watching movies when you should have been at work, is it time wasted or well spent?
Well spent. I consider it research for future candle-related projects.