#RealTalk with Alicia Kondrat
Alicia Kondrat came to Coal and Canary through a work placement with the Creative Communications program. She fit right in with her obsession with food, wine, 90s music, and candles; so, we decided to keep her as our Marketing Assistant.
1. What’s the most unusual thing you have done at Coal and Canary?
We drank wine at 10:30 a.m. one day. I’m not complaining. I might have the best job ever.
2. If you were to write a self-help book, what would the title be?
Nobody knows what they are doing: A guide to asking dumb questions so you don’t make it worse.
3. What was your favourite rejected candle name?
I actually haven’t been here long enough yet for Tom and Amanda to reject my candle names, but before I got the job they told me the other name option for “Champagne Flutes & Birthday Suits” was “Forever Alone & Ready to Bone.” I was pretty upset they didn’t go with that.
4. If you could make one food have no calories for the rest of time, what would it be?
5. What smell do you love?
I love sweet smells. Brown sugar, cake, caramel, things like that.
6. What scent do you hate?
My dog was sprayed by a skunk — twice! It smells like a mixture of wet dog and burnt tires. That was awful.
7. Tell us something that would surprise us about you?
I learned to walk on my first birthday in Disney World.
8. What is your most basic guilty pleasure?
Chocolate and wine.
9. What is your personal motto?
Hmm, I have two that generally run through my head when I am trying to make a decision: What’s the worst that could happen? And, what’s the next best thing I can do? (Thanks, Brene Brown)
10. What job would you want if you didn’t work at Coal and Canary?
Professional traveler and vlogger for a travel company, or a professional Netlfix watcher — it’s a real thing.
11. Who would you like to play you in a Hollywood film?
Jennifer Aniston, for sure. She is everything.
12. What is your go-to studio sing-along?
I wouldn’t say I have a go-to song, but Backstreet Boys “Everybody” just popped into my head.
13. What is your favourite cocktail?
Wine. Red wine. Does that count?
14. Do you usually go with your head or your heart?
15. What makes you smile?
Waking up to my little 3-year-old sass queen/step-baby yelling, “Leasha! Daddy! I’m awake!,” or something else hilarious. It’s the only time I am happy to get out of bed early.
16. If you could go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
Nothing. I wouldn’t want to take away any learning experiences.
17. If you spent a whole day watching movies when you could have been working, is it time wasted or well spent?
These are called sloth days in my house. Not only are they well spent, but they are necessary.